How do I calculate average number of employees?
How to figure the average number of employees who worked for your establishment during the year:
- Add the total number of employees your establishment paid in all pay periods during the year for this location and year. Include all employees: full-time, part-time, temporary, seasonal, salaried, and hourly.
- Count the number of pay periods your establishment had during the year. Be sure to include any pay periods when you had no employees.
- Divide the number of employees by the number of pay periods.
- Round the answer to the next highest whole number. Write the rounded number in the blank marked Annual average number of employees.
How do I calculate total number of hours worked?
How to figure the total hours worked by all employees:
- Include hours worked by salaried, hourly, part-time and seasonal workers, as well as hours worked by other workers subject to day to day supervision by your establishment (e.g., temporary help services workers).
- Do not include vacation, sick leave, holidays, or any other non-work time, even if employees were paid for it. If your establishment keeps records of only the hours paid or if you have employees who are not paid by the hour, please estimate the hours that the employees actually worked.
- If this number isn’t available, you can use the optional calculation below to estimate it.
- Find the number of full-time employees in your establishment for the year.
- Multiply by the number of work hours for a full-time employee in a year.
- This is the number of full-time hours worked.
- Add the number of any overtime hours as well as the hours worked by other employees (part-time, temporary, seasonal)
- Round the answer to the next highest whole number. Write the rounded number in the blank marked Total hours worked by all employees last year.